Re: [Harp-L] Searching the Harp-L Archives

Try http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=013608849180833093060:du7nx8djues

This is a custom google search that searches the archive and a couple of other places. I keep meaning to tweak it but it's got more capability than the search engine on the official archive. Why the official archive works the way it works is the archiving software is combined with a search engine in a package. It's open source and free but search technologies have leapfrogged its capabilities. What you have to remember is having a working archive that is up to date is a major major upgrade over where we were 5 years ago. Another place to look is the harp-l google group mirror, http://groups.google.com/group/harp-l

It has a searchable archive but it doesn't extend back nearly as far as the official harp-l version. You can also go to the harp-l yahoo group harp-l-archives and search there. The harptabs site also has an archive of our older posts with a semi capable search function. What we have forgotten with the google search engine is the importance of how to search. Google takes care of a lot of that for us. Finally there is a gap in the archives so not everything is available. We do have the raw data, one day it will be archived. fjm