Re: [Harp-L] How Come?

On Dec 23, 2008, at 6:54 PM, BRANDON MCCOY wrote:

How come you never hear 1st position E? or G for that matter. . .? First position Bb? Not much of that out there.

Lester butler plays Cross Your Heart on the King King album in first position on a Bb harp. I've heard Kim Wilson play first on a G harp, although I'm not sure if he's recording anything in G. First position on an E harp would be downright painful, unless you were to stay in the lower octave.

Mark

http://www.myspace.com/checkmarkwilson