[Harp-L] just got my harpgear HG-35 yesterday.... wow!

I know there are those on this list that tire of the "gearheads" so I'll try not to go on and on, which I easily could. I'm in love with this amp.

I bought my first harp specific amp this month. I've thought about this for years, come close several times, but there was always something that wasn't quite convincing. When I saw that Brian Purdy was making a cathode bias 35 watt 2-10" speaker amp without a moments hesitation I bought one. It came yesterday, professionally packed and in perfect condition. I have tired of the "tweed fever", but this thing is a beaut! Even sitting next to my "real tweed amps" it looks very classy! I've tried a dozen mics and every key diatonic and some chromatics, the amp really doesn't have a weak spot, which I can't honestly say about ANY of my vintage amps. It breaks up when pushed, but sounds pretty clean when you lay off, that's just right for me. I am just amazed with the bottom end of this amp, even my weakest crystal element mics are full and fat sounding. It's still a little stiff yet, but when the speakers break in I'm certain this baby will sing! And it's so much lighter than a bassman or supereverb! Being a fan of vintage equipment and having a stash of tung-sol, RCA, and etc. I will probably expiriment with some tubes today, but without a doubt this is 'my' harp amp. And if I find that I need more volume, I'll buy another one. Brian answers the phone and returns emails promtly, this has just been the greatest experience buying a piece of music gear I've had in years. JD Hoskins