From: "IcemanLE@xxxxxxx" <IcemanLE@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:34:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Blues Foundation's 2009 award nominees

Jason may be classified more under "Jam Band" in the ears of the judges or
the popular vote - a la Gov't Mule than blues band.

All on that list have worked hard and have paid dues, some of them for 20
years or more. It will be a tough call. I hope Mark Hummel wins, as I've  known
and worked with him personally over the last 15 years, and he certainly  has
had his share of bad luck in regards to breaking through, having his  side men
stolen from him after he worked them into real blues players, having  received
the short end on a lot of situations - personal and professional, but  still
hits the stage w/hat, big grin and great personality.

In a message dated 12/23/2008 9:26:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,