RE: [Harp-L] Blues Foundation's 2009 award nominees

  I wish there was more than one category. Although
  Jason's work stirs my soul, I'd vote for Steve
  Guyger- what he and Dennis Gruenling have done to
  revive Little Walter's seminal works including some
  of his recently discovered uncut tracks- absolutely
  fantastic. I have not heard Mark Hummel play
  acoustic but I admire him for what he has done for
  modern blues harmonica- a very savvy and technical
  maestro. Steve sounds good totally acoustic- all raw
  and natural.

  My categories-

  1. Old school harmonica- Steve Guyger
  2. Modern Amplified Harmonica- Mark Hummel
  3. Harmonica Tone Guru- Rick Estrin
  4. Revolutionary Harmonica-- Jason Ricci
  5. Harmonicats of the Future- Michael Peloquin,
  Brendan Powers and many still under the radar.

  My local favorite-
  1. Nate Myers (Harrisburg, PA)

www.myspace.com/harpdad