Re: [Harp-L] Blues Foundation's 2009 award nominees

Bill Hines wrote:
"I hope that the winner is Jason Ricci."

I do as well, but I'm concerned that his work won't be classified as
'blues'.
that's a good point.  although if you look at his setlists,
about half the songs on a given night, and more than half
of the whole playlist, are blues songs.

note, too, that the blues foundation now has a "rock blues"
category for the first time in 30 years:
http://blues.about.com/od/bluesnews/a/BluesMusicNom09.htm

it might've made more sense to nominate him there.  walter
trout is nominated there, and their styles are pretty compatible:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOPGpOg8eY

> He certainly has worked hard enough for it and paid his dues.

that's for sure. and he continues to do so day to day.