Re: [Harp-L] An english question

In Australia, we'd say the equivelamt; 'support act'.
RD

>>> Fernando Toral <ftoral@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 23/12/08 6:19 AM >>>
Zombor Kovacs escribiÃ:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> So far I haven't managed to find out what is the english term for the
band, which plays before a more famous band. For example when Rolling
Stones does a concert somewhere, they usually do not step on stage right
away, but at least one "less significant" band would "prepare the
audience" before they come. What is the term for such a band in english?
In my language we say "pre-band" but I guess this doesn't make any sense
in english.

> thanks
> Zombor

I know you didn't ask for it, but the spanish term for that is 'banda
soporte'.

Fernando Toral
Argentina