Re: [Harp-L] Sonny Terry and Finian's Rainbow

Sonny Terry, my teacher during the Ashgrove folk revival of Los Angeles, enjoyed telling the story of playing in Finian's Rainbow that Tom mentions.  As I recall, Sonny was told he had to play his tune exactly the same way each time and for the same duration.  Sonny explained that he was incapable of playing this way.  He quickly changed his âtune,â however, when he heard how much they were offering to pay him.

David Naiditch
www.davidnaiditch.com