[Harp-L] Suzuki Fabulous Further Impressions

After using my new Suzuki Fabulous in C for a few live performances, i have concluded that the basic tone of the instrument is fairly BRIGHT. While it is possible to get a darker tone with hand technique and embouchure, the player really has to work at it and maintain reasonably intense discipline to do it. The first time i tried, this was no problem since i was all fired up about putting the instrument through its paces and I was bearing down on trying different playing techniques to see how the Fabulous would respond. But, after playing the fabulous at gigs on a routine basis, I'm not sure i like working that hard to approximate the dark tone i am able to get from my Suzuki Hammonds with minimal effort. So, while i still like the Fabulous, FWIW, the basic tonal characteristics of the instrument are brighter than what one might conclude from reading the description in my earlier posts.
JP