[Harp-L] What's in Name - NOT LEGAL ADVICE

Since I am only licensed in my home state and the Federal Courts, I cannot
give anyone legal advice outside those jurisdictions.  MANDATORY DISCLAIMER
FOLLOWS:  This is not legal advice but rather a simple tip between
musicians.  The information which follows is freely available on the
internet.  You should contact a qualified intellectual property or
entertainment attorney in your jurisdiction and seek his advice.

As a general rule of thumb, anyone can visit the USPTO website at:
http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm and run a simple trademark search.
States usually have a similar free or low cost name search website.
California's is: http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/corp/corp_naav2.htm  .  If
the name isn't registered then it should be free for use.  If it is
registered but in a different field of endeavor you should contact an
attorney to see if it might be available anyway.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, Oklahoma