[Harp-L] Re: My harp contribution to our church Christmas concert/Our Grandson's Debut

Great job, Daniel! Just keep on harpin', that's my advice. And the most helpful performing advice I ever got: When you make a mistake just keep playing! Chances are, no one will notice or care ... By the way, along these lines:

I have been giving my oldest grandson Cameron, who just turned 16, harp lessons about once a week. We actually started a couple of years ago, but then he got braces and couldn't play for a long while. We have had many interruptions in the pattern this fall due to one happenstance and another, but we kept working whenever we could on Silent Night.

We had our family yule dinner and gift-giving on Friday night (because of various children's parental visitation skeds; hey! this is the Left Coast, y'know!). My sister-in-law Kathy Byrd brought her Celtic harp (the stringed kind) and she and I started playing carols. I kept nudging Cameron to join us and to my pleased surprise he finally did! We played Silent Night (me on autoharp) and he played very well. Afterward he told me he was glad he played and that it was fun. YES!!! Another harper is on his harpin' path! Brought joy to old Grampy's heart.

The only bad part: Nobody filmed or recorded it. We did get a photo though. One of my best Christmases ever, for other reasons as well. We resume our lessons this week.

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA

----
Daniel Perrone" wrote:
"Hello
harp-l members. Played " Mary did you know?" at our church Christmas
concert (written by Buddy Green ) . I am quite new to the harmonica, an
instrument I fell in love with a few months ago. Felt quite nervous and
my mind was racing but got through it and people liked it. As I got
down I could only think of all the mistakes but people did not seem to
noticed them.  Got to keep practicing !! :)  Advice, suggestions and constructive criticism very much appreciated."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJI77mS-_MM