[Harp-L] Re: New Suzuki Videos

Thanks to Slim Heilpern, Jonathon Ross and Michael Peloquin for their
positive comments on the Suzuki videos, and constructive suggestions. To
answer the points:

VALVE ISSUES
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pX9AH_TmdKQ&feature=channel_page

All manufacturers make their valves to overlap the end of the reedslots
by 1-2mm, and valves on all brands stick, especially in cold weather.
The trimming fix is my personal solution, and it works on Suzukis,
Hohners, Herings etc. I have recommended to Suzuki that they make their
valves shorter, and they are
considering it.

EXTRA INFORMATION ON PLAYERS
Good point Jonathon. I will see if Maki has a website for future videos.
On the existing ones it means re-editing the video in Denmark and
re-uploading to YouTube, which may take time.

COMMENTS DISABLED
Basically this is a time issue, Michael. The videos were intended
primarily as a helpful support for dealers and customers who want to
know the differences between harmonicas and which to buy. They were
originally intended for playing in the retail stores on DVD, and posting
them to Youtube was a subsequent idea. Suzuki did consider allowing
comments, but to fully respond to comments on YouTube would take someone
a lot of time and everyone is too busy at present.

There is a link at the bottom of the Suzuki Youtube site leading to
worldwide dealers, so anyone who has a specific question can get it
answered by their local dealer. The link is here:
http://www.harmonica-online.com/

I'm always available to respond to comments on Harp-L as best I can.

I hope that answers the queries.

Cheers,

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com