[Harp-L] '65 Princeton Reverb Reissue

John Kuzloski writes:

 I really like the original, but I think it can be a bit
harsh/trebly for harp even with the treble all the way down and the
bass all the way up.

This is why i wish this amp had a midrange control. But i would not characterize the tone of my amp as harsh. However, i use an EV RE 15 mic which is thick and fat in the midrange frequencies. I don't know about how a bullet mic would sound. An MXR 10 band equalizer pedal is very useful and effective for tweaking frequencies that the tone controls on an amp just don't seem to adjust. Pump the 250 slider to fatten the tone of a harmonica. The MXR is well built, relatively inexpensive and solves all sorts of problems that can arise when trying to play harp through a guitar amp.

Btw, although i am aware that some people claim the silver faced Princeton Reverbs sound just as good as the black face models, i have never personally found a silver face that came close. Maybe this is just bad luck on my part, but, in my experience, it would not be prudent to assume that any silver face will necessarily be comparable to a black face. But if you like sound of the amp, that's what counts.

JP