[Harp-L] Cyril Davies: US and UK Blues Scene

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Metro/5556/Alexis.html

http://www.cyrildavies.com/

All of the comments - passionate and well informed had made me realize this side topic from Cadillac Records could use its own thread.
It starts like this: Many of my UK friends will swear that they were responsible for the Blues Revival in the 60's  Much of that revival has to do with Alexis Korner and a relatively unknown harp player named Cyril Davies "Country Line Dance" contained some great Sonny Terry Harp.
I never questioned that until now. I have my original copy of Paul Oliver "The Story of the Blues" and its still a great book well researched and well documented. Given that scholarship
It seems to be, based upon the statements today, My UK friends are mistaken. There was a Blues Scene in the US and it never died

I am curious what others have to say. I have received some passionate well informed comments Thanks to all who contribute.

Database version: 5.11380