[Harp-L] What's in a name

Colleagues, I seek some practical and legal guidance.  We started a band in August of 2007, called Jetstream.  Not an original name, not my idea, but...

We play rockin' blues at local dives, and we have been pretty succesful in getting decent gigs every month or so, (hell, getting paid for any gig in SoCal is pretty good!!)

Now it appears a young rock band here in SoCal has the same name.  Hard to say which predated the other.  The kiddie jetstream may have legs, they are getting good press and play more gigs than us (they don't appear old enough to need day jobs!)

And we both have New Years Eve gigs (they at Canyon Club, us at a mall restaurant/pool hall, "The Rack" in Woodland hills.  OK, so we're not proud.)   This has led to some very minor confusion, which of course underlies the legal issue of usurpation.

And, jus' cause I'm a lawyer don't mean I know the law here!

Any guidance on the practical AND legal issues?

Thanks!
-Dave Fertig