[Harp-L] re transposing music

I believe the word you are looking for is "transcribe".

<<Bob, you are quite correct.  I was not asking about software that would
transpose sheet music from one key to another, which apparently, is what
Finale or Sibelius are designed for.  Perhaps my question was misleading
because of my use of the word TRANSPOSE.  Perhaps TRANSLATE might have been
a better choice of words, but even that might not be the best word for it.>>
Steve York
www.steveyork.com www.myspace.com/steveyorkbassist