To: "James" <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 1:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Review of Cadillac Records Movie

Hi James,

I'm almost certain that I have Willie's daughter stating in an interview on video (possibly "THE HOWLIN' WOLF STORY") that the musicians came in a backdoor that led straight upstairs to the studio, and were not supposed to enter in the front door past the offices. Whether or not it was racist or just management/employee, I think could be questioned. There is also a great story about Rice Miller showing up at the front office shouting and swearing about Chess owing him back royalties, while the rabbi was visiting Leonard. Great history and fun stuff, I wish I had everything I've read or heard over the years compiled in one place, would make a great read. I personally find it hard to believe that the Chess bros. were racists, but I do believe the backdoor story. JD

Database version: 5.11380

E-mail message checked by Spyware Doctor (6.0.0.386) Database version: 5.11380 http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor-antivirus/