[Harp-L] Re: Fender Blues Jr. (tube types and placement- Bill Machrone link)

I moved to Hawaii when I was just out of High School.
I got into tubes there before I even played through an amp!
Sorry. Ouch.

An interesting discussion on tubes is had at:

http://home.comcast.net./~machrone/bjr/bjtubes.htm

Being enamored with neat things, I ended up with a belief that the tubes can make a difference. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little.
Strong opinions.
By the way, I have used 12 AU 7 tubes in many amps that use 12 AX 7 tubes without any problems.
Any objective comparison of various tubes, brands, etc. is helped if the tubes discussed can be tested to ensure they are good.
Lots of poor quality tubes are being sold and that is where a good tube will be significant.
Anyway, the article in the link above, by Bill Machrone, is very interesting.

Best,
Brian

Message: 1
: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:39:45 -0700