Re: [Harp-L] Blue Monk

Hey Tom,

Yeah, the twos OB's are pretty exposed....but I've heard it sound pretty
good from some are our senior OB cats....it does feel nice in 2nd...

I also played moanin' in 2nd but I'll give 3rd a try....

Watermelon Man is cool in 2nd one OB, as well as Sandu (clifford brown),
Sonnymoon for two (Rollins), Bag's Groove (milt Jackson) no OB's needed on
these last 3 tunes.Also Cantaloupe Island (herbie).....

Nostalgia in times square (mingus) one OB ez passing tone (2nd as well)

Best & Happy Holidays,
Rob p

On 12/17/08 9:20 PM, "Tom Albanese" <reedwrecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anybody out there playing this tune or know of any recorded
> examples featuring harmonica? Blue Monk seems to lay out pretty nicely in
> 2nd pos. but the OBs on 5 and 6 are sustained and totally exposed (not that
> there's anything wrong with that). I wonder if it would sit well in another
> position. Hey Chris (11th?), Rosco, George, Michael P... Anybody?
>
> Bluesy jazz tunes seem to be a really fun challenge for me lately. Art
> Blakey's "Moanin" is great in 3rd pos. and Horace Silver's "Senor Blues" is
> just perfect for 5th.
>
> So is anyone else out there in harp-l land working on anything in that ilk?
> I think it's a cool area to explore for blues players who want to expand
> their scope.
>
> Thanks and happy holidays. Be music.
>
> tom albanese
>
> http://www.myspace.com/bigrealdeal

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com