Re: [Harp-L] Blue Monk

On Dec 17, 2008, at 9:20 PM, Tom Albanese wrote:

Anybody out there playing this tune or know of any recorded
examples featuring harmonica? Blue Monk seems to lay out pretty nicely in
2nd pos. but the OBs on 5 and 6 are sustained and totally exposed (not that
there's anything wrong with that). I wonder if it would sit well in another
position. Hey Chris (11th?), Rosco, George, Michael P... Anybody?

'Nobody' answering here. I play all this stuff. Just did a couple Sat, but you won't like this. I used a chromo
smo-joe

Bluesy jazz tunes seem to be a really fun challenge for me lately. Art
Blakey's "Moanin" is great in 3rd pos. and Horace Silver's "Senor Blues" is
just perfect for 5th.

So is anyone else out there in harp-l land working on anything in that ilk?
I think it's a cool area to explore for blues players who want to expand
their scope.

I agree. I also try them on diat. But I'm not Roscoe, so....not ready yet.

Thanks and happy holidays. Be music.

tom albanese

http://www.myspace.com/bigrealdeal