Re: [Harp-L] Are the POG and HOG the only good ocatve pedals?

Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<That seems to be the consensus in the Archives.  I tried the Boss OC-3 last week.  I liked it on the <bottom octave, but it tracked worse and worse as I went up the harp.  It also can't do intervals like <the HOG.<
<
<Any other ideas?  I can't rationalize the cost of the HOG.  I will be picking up a Boss AW-3 for the <auto-wah effect.  I might like the Maxon more, but you can't beat the cost for an effect that'd be used <once or twice a night.

The Digitech RP200 and RP250 both have very capable pitch shifters that track single notes and chords instantly all the way up and down the harp.  I think the pitch shift effect in general is better in the RP250, but both sound very good.

What the HOG and POG do that nothing else does is give you multiple octave doubles at once--up, down, and in multiple registers.  The Digitech will only do one octave (up or down) at a time.  The multi-octave effect is very powerful, and still fresh for audiences.

If you're also considering an envelope filter (auto wah), that would be another point for a Digitech, since the RPs also have a good auto wah effect (or two in the case of the RP250) in them.

Regards, Richard Hunter