Re: [Harp-L] christmas present

casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Daughter wants to buy boyfriend (plays guitar and piano) a harmonica ..
I?m thinking special 20 or golden melody, but which key ?  .. I lean
towards D major only because its easy to play and would work straight
in D or cross in A .. any thoughts .. (she has about $30.00 left ?
after buying him a bunch of other non-musical stuff ? what a waste!)

for $30, i'd get a copy of winslow's Harmonica for Dummies ($15 at amazon) and an inexpensive harmonica in whatever key the book uses (i think C). a hohner Big River is around $20, which is a little over budget, but might be worth the stretch. there are less expensive others if the budget is fixed.

i think the combination of a harp (even one that might be looked
down upon by those on this list) and some clue about what to do with
it (hence the book recommendation) would make a really nice gift.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West