Re: [Harp-L] FW: Cadillac Records - Little Walter - Defamation

 This is what Scott Dirks, one of the writers of the Little Walter Bio had to say:

"I'm less bothered by these and the dozens of other fictionalized scenes
than I am about the scene where Little Walter is portrayed as shooting an
impersonator.  This incident was apparently fabricated out of thin air
solely as a plot device for this film, to establish that he was "one crazy
M.F."  I've been chasing down the details of the Little Walter story here
in Chicago for almost 30 years, talking to just about everyone who knew
him or worked with him, reading everything that was ever written about
him, etc., and I've never even heard a hint of a rumor that anything like
that ever happened.  Of course this doesn't prove that it didn't, but I
think it's extremely unlikely that it would have completely escaped my
attention for all these years, and then suddenly be discovered by a
scriptwriter who apparently has never done ANY original research on Little
Walter in Chicago or anywhere else.  Dramatization and exageration for
Hollywood is one thing, but falsely accusing someone of a murder is
something completely different, and I'd be very surprised if none of
Little Walter's living relatives object to this portrayal.

Scott"

Take it for what it is, a cute piece of entertainment, not edu-tainment.
Unfortunately there are way too many people that believe these fictional accounts
as fact.
HB