[Harp-L] Re: Early Shure Grille

JD...  Unlikely you'll find just the grill for a small body Shure  bullet,
it's usually the part that get damaged if the mic  is dropped.

As you already know, the grille you seek has the same inner  diameter as a
520 grille, other than the overhang it fits just fine on the  small body.  I
suggest having the outer diameter of the larger grille  turned down to the proper
dimension by a machine shop.  Go with  new pan head screws on the outside or
have the machinist create new  recesses for the original flat head screws.
I've never done this, and am  not currently staring at the two items, so perhaps
the metal isn't thick  enough... but I think it would work.  Maybe paint the
grille once the machine work is done, but it might look cool if it was
simply polished out.

Likely an acceptable (but slightly imperfect) job could be done  by hand if
you have the proper files etc...

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Harmonica Microphones
_http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/?/home/_