[Harp-L] Re: Cadillac Records pure jive

Rob Paparozzi wrote:

>Right on Winslow! Nicely said...I guess today's Hollywood thinks DEFAMATION,
>LIBEL, SLANDER and VILIFICATION..... is OK since your already dead.....

I agree that the portrayal is false and vile, and hope I didn't put anyone off with my glib attempt at humor at Hollywood's expense. However, there's an old saying in journalism: You can't libel the dead. In other words, there has to be  living victim. Family members don't count. That was in the print media, don't know if it's still true (recent court cases may have set new precedents) or if it would apply in this situation. Any legal beagles out there?

Bob Loomis
Concord CA