[Harp-L] Reed Durability: The Facts/ Reed Chamfering

Rick Epping wrote: ...snip.... the technique of reed chamfering, where the
upper edges of a reed are broken (I use a small chisel to chamfer the edges). ..snip.... the reed
is thickest along its middle length and gets thinner toward its long sides.
  When hand-finishing harmonica reeds I usually emulate to some degree the
rounded shape of accordion reeds produced in this manner.

How interesting.  I had never heard of that before.  Is this why harps from my fav. customizers have
been better than anything i can create on my own - no matter how much time I put into them?
  Rick, can u please elaborate as to how to chamfer a reed with a chisel (or any other tool)?  Do u
have pictures?
 For the record, i have a Paypal account and if Vern wants, would be glad to send him the few bucks
that Brendan suggested.  Please let us know what u come up with.
ron   PS: thank you to Vern and to Rick, for all your great contributions to harp-L thru the years.