Re: [Harp-L] The instrument often mistaken for a harmonica

Accordinas.com had some instrument descriptions. They talked about a shutters arrangement for shaping the sound. I think I heard elements of that in the one clip I've heard so far. Since you access the notes via buttons not by changing where your mouth is I wonder how effective traditional harmonica player vocal tract note shaping techniques would actually be? As you (Winslow) know from your experiments with the discrete comb even small changes in the volume of the chamber in which the reed resides can quickly skew the impedance of the reed to a point where it is difficult if not impossible to get it to sound. 1250 euros is a might steep for me but it would be fun to play around with an accordina to suss out some of the answers to my questions. Sorry to say but used Melodicas are all my current budget allows.