[Harp-L] Houston Harmonica Players

Well, I am in Houston, and spent yesterday seeking out Harmonica Players.  I met two outstanding ones.  The first was at Central Market in the afternoon, and the Player was Sonny Boy Terry.  He has great tone, plays with great emotion, and is a great singer. His band was outstanding. He saw me in the audience, wearing my Big Six Seydel around my neck.  He asked what key it was, and invited me up. He liked the big six. We had a great time.

That evening I went to the Jam Session at Shakespear's and met a player named Little Terry Rogers.  He also was great, both in playing and singing.  It was a pleasure to be at Shakespear's.  Everyone was very friendly, and the music was good, not too loud, and there was no smoking inside.

If you go to Houston, I highly recommend that you look up both players.

Harvey Berman