Re: [Harp-L] Cadillac Records

I got to see 'Cadillac Records' today, hats off to Kim Wilson & Gregoire
Maret for their excellent Harmonica contributions to the film...

Also nice work by Guitarists Billy Flynn, Hubert Sumlin, Buddy Guy and Bill
Sims Jr & Danny Kortchmar...

Steve Jordan did a nice job puttin' it together as well as some cool
incidental underscoring by Terence Blanchard.

Yes, it's Hollywood, but nice that the Chess Story gets international Mass
exposure and that's good for BLUES & hence the Harmonica!

I did find one scene pretty disturbing and I¹m not sure it¹s documented, but
having shoot a man in Cold Blood for taking his stage name!!!
Was this in Walter¹s Bio I read a few yrs ago? I do not recall this account?

I thought Beyonce did a good job with ETTA but Mos Def as Chuck Berry wasn¹t
cuttin¹ it for me but as I said...it¹s HOLLYWOOD baby!

Best,
Rob Paparozzi
www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats