[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 64, Issue 19

Additional chromatic questions.
I have been considering trying a chromatic after years of playing diatonic only.
So here's a puzzler for second position diatonic guy, if I get a "C" chrom am I playing it in "G" like I would my diatonic?
Or would It be similar to first position?
May seem like dumb questions, but I don't know, I don't even know anyone personally that plays chromes'.

A.M. Funk> Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:54:43 -0800 (PST)> From: Michael Meehan <mikemeehan2002@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [Harp-L] Why did I resist the chromatic for so long????> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <881894.45229.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1> > I just got my new chromatic in the mail, and WOW. It is AWESOME. I could kick myself for resisting it for so long, out of pure stubbornness. > Never again will I have to look at a piece of music and fear that super-crucial-to-the-melody 3 draw single or triple bend that ya gotta hold steady for 4 beats...> Got a question, though. The one blow makes a bit of a buzz, or rattle, somewhere in the harp (can't tell exactly where it is coming from). Is this something I am doing wrong? I remember when I first started playing diatonic, and I thought my one draw was broken, but it turned out to be technique. > Thanks a lot, everyone!~> > >