Fwd: [Harp-L] Question about custom harmonicas

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: December 6, 2008 7:55:56 PM GMT-05:00
To: Ben Bouman <fitgo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Question about custom harmonicas

Ben,

I've never played a Seydel, but everything I've heard about them is positive.

But, I'm not talking about how a particular harmonica sounds to the audience, I'm talking about how different brands of harps feel, respond and perform in the hands of a particular player (me). A lot players will sound better than I do no matter what brand of harmonica they play because they are better than i am. And I'll probably sound better than a player of lesser skill and experience no matter what brand of harmonica i play. But I'm referring to what brand or model of harmonica I interact with in an optimum manner that allows me to most readily and easily recreate the sounds I hear in my head that i want to play on the harmonica when I perform, while allowing me to stay in tune with the rest of the band. And no matter how good a player is, playing an airtight harmonica with good compression will always be a more positive experience for the player than playing a leaky harmonica that has poor compression.

Getting a Seydel to test drive has been on my to do list for a while.

	Best regards,
		JP