[Harp-L] Revalve the beast.... Fender Bassman 120 top

Well for some years I used a Fender Bassman 120 tube amp top, through two  x
2 x 12" speaker cabs... I still own it...
It was ok, but I could never set the volume over about "3"... It was simply
too loud! I guess the "Twin" is even more prone to feed back.
Anyone got any ideas to revalve (retube) the beast, just to tame it a  little?
The TONE of the Bassman 120 is better than the Blues DeLuxe 40 watt 1x12"
combo that I use these days.
It's simply the Blues Deluxe feeds back less... By the way, I mostly use an
Astatic JT-30 "Crystal Balls" Mic.
Best wishes
John Walden
London
England

In a message dated 06/12/2008 10:28:54 Pacific Standard Time,