[Harp-L] RE: Columbus Short Learned Harp for Cadillac Records Movie

Columbus Short talks about blowing and sucking and already knowing scales... Heck, I can blow and suck! People are always telling me that when I play harp. And as far as scales go, I know tons about scales. Learned about them from my mom, Gussy, who drove semi-tractor trailer trucks for decades. I rode shotgun for years when I was growing up, and we had to get the semi weighed all the time on the scales.Mom and I use to get out of the semi so that it would weigh less. But I have no idea what this has to do with learning harp, unless you practice while getting the semi weighed.I would like to know how Columbus Short learned to play harp so good and so quick. Maybe he took lessons from a truck driver and got most of his lessons while sitting on the scales getting weighed. If anybody gets the name of his teacher, please let me know because I ain't getting any younger and would like to play harmonica in a movie too ! Your Harmonica Friend,Gus Harper
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032869/direct/01/