[Harp-L] Jam Trax, drum machines & laying down trax in studio

Just to add to the posts about the inability to influence the other "musicians" when "playing along," I have noticed this, not just with jam trax or drum machines, but even when adding a harmonica track to pre-recorded tracks in a studio.  I mostly play live, so it took a bit of getting used to.
Interestingly, I recently recorded what I thought was a tasteful track over a folksy/bluesy number.  The singer/songwriter wanted me to play more agressively and flashy on take 2 -- I felt really weird "over playing."  However, she then used the new mix with my take 2 to re-record her vocal track to more fit the harp track!  Interesting then how the "influence" did happen -- it just happened a bit later.
--jk