[Harp-L] Interesting Golden Melody Story

About 8 years ago, I bought a bunch of new Hohner Harmonicas from a Pawn Shop in Atlanta.  It seems that they had bought the inventory of a music store that had gone out of business.  There were Golden Melodys, Marine Bands, and even a couple Old Blues Harps.  All of them were oddball keys that Nobody wanted to buy. I bought all of them cheap.

To Make a long story short, I recently put one of these, a Dd, in my harp box.  I was playing Sunday with a band at a birthday party, who had tuned down a half step because it was the end of a long week for them and the singers voice was shot.

When they played a song in A, I grabbed the Dd, and it wasn't tuned even close to Dd.  Today, I got around to looking at it, and it seems that even though the cover plates said Dd, and the box said Dd, it was actually a Ed.

Not that it makes any difference, but I wonder if the harp came that way from Hohner, or weather the dealer had done that by accident for some reason.

Has anyone had a similar problem from Hohner.

Harvey Berman