Re: [Harp-L] Amp Replacement (continued)

B Boggs wrote:
5.) Hi-Z mic into ART tube pre-amp (swap out cheap 12 AX 7 for a 12 AY or AU 7 carefully) and into PA. A nice compact, fairly rugged, tubular solution (if nothing else, you can know you are loyal to tubes, and who isn't?). This is practical and inexpensive.

I've burnt out at least three Art Tube pre-amps by putting a 12AU7 in them. Apparently they draw more voltage which is a killer for cheap Japanese stuff. The Art Tube Studio V3 I'm using now I put a 12AT7 in it and it seems to be working fine so far.