Fwd: [Harp-L] HG 50 vs Meteor Video Comparison

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lindsey mercer
<lindseywwmercer@...> wrote:

Hello all,
A friend and I created a brief video comparing the Meteor and the HG
50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxrFdpc2Rig

Yes, thanks for that youtube comparison.  The difficulty, of course,
with any single comparison like this is that each of these amps alone
can have a variety of sonic "personalities" based on how they are
dialed in (such as, various EQ settings, how high the volume is
pushed toward breakup, etc.).  In a sense (and this is not meant as a
criticism) a 5 minute video can't really do justice to either amp. I
guess I mean this as a caution to anyone who might make a purchase
decision based on the video. Hard to know what the solution is -- you
can't go to the local guitar center and try these out!  I guess next
best is to listen to as many sound samples as you can find figuring
that different ones will be dialed in differently.  So the youtube
video is a good contribution to the collection of sound samples.
BTW, thanks for not just pointing a still camera at the front of the
amp the whole time -- it's way more interesting to saee the player do
his thing!) --jk