Re: [Harp-L] Old Man Looking for a Lighter Amp

Hey, I've got a 1972 Fender Twin Reverb with Altec 417-8C speakers I can
sell you!  100 watts and about the same number of pounds in weight....

Here's an idea:  Try two used Fender Pro Junior amps that have be tweaked
for harp.  See the articles on the Fender Pro Junior harp amp project at the
Blues Harp Amps Blog:
http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/2008/09/fender-pro-junior-harp-amp-project.html

Put different speakers in each amp.., say a Weber Sig ceramic and alnico
with smooth cones, spread them apart a few feet, and drink in the big tone.
Used Pro Juniors can be found easily on Craigslist for $200-$250, the mods
are easy and relatively inexpensive, and the amp weighs only 20 lbs.  For
smaller gigs use one amp; use both for bigger/louder venues.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/