[Harp-L] got some new toys

I just got in a purchase I made with a local regional consignment auction company. I'm too excited about it and had to share. The lot includes 6 mics:

Shure 55SH
Shure 545S
2x Telex Model 253
2x Monarch TM-17

The first two are pretty popular, so it's easy to find info on them. They're also in pretty cherry-looking condition, so I have high hopes for them actually working. The only blemish on the 55SW is the switch is broken off. Not a big deal for me, I probably wouldn't use it anyway. Unfortunately, they both have Amphenol connectors and didn't come with cables, so it'll be a little longer before I can test them.

The Telex mics look to me like Turner knockoffs, pretty much exactly the same as an SSB+2. I was able to find a spec sheet for them:
Element: Dynamic
Response: 60Hz-10kHz
Polar pattern: Omni
Output level: -59dB
Output impedance: 50-250 Ohms
They also look pretty good, though they are missing a locking lever for the PTT button (they appear to have been removed, not broken). I didn't see any distinguishing markings on the elements, but everything looks intact. I'll be able to test these tonight. Can anybody confirm or negate my conspiracy theory that these are the same as the Turner SSB (minus the element, of course)?

The Monarch mics I have been unable to find anything on. They're a dynamic mic, 7.5" long, have a pistol grip with a switch and a two-pin Amphenol connector. They did come with cables that had a Switchcraft screw-type connector on the other end. I'll have to borrow my buddy's adapter to try them out. When I opened up the barrel of one to have a look, I managed to break the two wires going from the element to the transformer, but that should be easy to fix. Since they have a transformer, that means they should be Hi-Z, right?

So far everything looks really good. I only paid $35 for the whole lot, so I figure if either of the Shures work, it was well worth it. Even if neither of the Telex work, they'll make great shells for a future project. I have no idea what I'll do with the Monarchs. They might make good field mics for recording live. I'll have to wait and see.

Once I get a chance to try them out, I'll let you how how they do.

I love getting new toys.

Seth

--
The beatings will continue until morale has improved.