[Harp-L] Chromonica II De Luxe

Are the Chromonica II De Luxes supposed to have some sort of weird caulk-like stuff on the inside or did someone do an experiment with mine?  If you are not familiar with this harp, it is like the one on the cover of Man Bites Harmonica by Toots.  There not supposed to be the best harps in the world but I fell in love with the way it looks.  It plays OK but I am a little worried about the goo.  This is one that has the thick brass reedplates instead of the aluminum.  Has anyone worked on these.  Is there anything I should know before I open it up?  Here is a link to a picture.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000000Z5Y/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music

Click here to find the perfect picture with our powerful photo search features.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/PnY6rbtzji7YfdUQ0V7cMORGSdv38wVJcCM6C6a9YMPHBfd9UvP1m/