[Harp-L] RE: Sir Duke (harp positions)

Ok, I am thinking it can be done on an Eb harp.  I can overblow and hit my bends, but I am a firm believer in taking the path of least resistance.  I found this tab:

http://horntabs.net/tab/view/2114

I'll have to hit a couple of ob's, but I think they're mostly passing notes.  I could always switch harps if needed for each section...that long run they do on the break down several times is going to be a killer.  However, the other parts will go fast.  Right now, I sing it and don't play any harp.  We're going to have female vocals do it now, so really the only thing I HAVE to play is the horns on the chorus.  The guitar and bass already play the other parts.

If I can tackle this one, my next gauntlet will be Jessica by the Allman Brothers.  One of my bands is just starting up doing the rock thing.  I've learned a lot more in regards to positions and theory in the last month then I had all of last year.

I am playing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 11th, and 12th.  I am mostly sticking to pentatonics in 11th, and 12th, but I have been playing those positions live in my blues/roots group for more reps.  I know 4th doesn't have to have a lot of bends (and some would agrue doesn't have as much expression) but I really like playing in that position.

Does anybody use much 5th?  The pentatonic is the relative minor to 2nd I believe.

Mike Fugazzi

Harmonica/Vocals

http://www.myspace.com/niterailband

http://www.myspace.com/mikefugazzi

"Music should be healing; music should uplift the soul; music should inspire. There is no better way of getting closer to God, of rising higher towards the spirit, of attaining spiritual perfection than music, if only it is rightly understood."

-Hazrat Inayat Khan