[Harp-L] Learning from other musicians

This subject came up a couple of days ago, I meant to mention this, but never got around to it. You can learn from a variety of musicians. But really, I don't think there is more of a fundamentally close match for the harmonica player than the opera singer. Throat vibratto, they do that. Diaphragm vibratto, that too. Changing your resonance chamber to alter pitch and tone, they do that. You can get some ideas and familiarize yourself with the physics of it all by watching opera singers and whatnot.

  Anybody wants to check it out, here's a link from Siegfried. Plotline: Siegfried is fixing this cool sword his old man had and got broke and Siegfried's foster daddy is cookin' up a stew to kill him. Such dysfunction.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0-PSeXpjk

  Another that is far more famous and self explanatory.
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKAH_t0aXA

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
  Elk RIver harmonicas