Re: [Harp-L] I'd like to take you on a musical journey

Thanks Chris for the musical journey. The tabla playing was mesmerizing,
Lightnin'
Hopkins was striking to say the least, David Sanborn's group on toy shop
instruments was awesomely fun, and Robert Pete Williams was new to me --
wow. I get some of my inspiration from guitar players like Blind Willie
Johnson and Skip James and Son House. No harp in their music, but lots to
learn from them.

I understood a lot of what you are saying from the third position blues you
played in one of the SPAH videos you posted (I believe it was on an Eb harp
on Help Me). Very cool.

In the spirit of exploring different musical styles, for anyone in or near
Montreal Jason Rosenblatt and Shtreiml (www.shtreiml.com) will be playing
tonight at La Sala Rosa, 4848 boul. St-Laurent, 8 pm. This is an evening of
avant-garde klezmer. There will be 3 other bands: Konsonans Retro:
www.konsonans.com Socalled: ww.socalledmusic.com Nayekovitchi:
www.nayekhovichi.ru

All the best,

John