Re: [Harp-L] huey lewis

Aw c/mon Tongueblock. I agree that a lot of music Huey Lewis has done isn't
my cup of tea (I can do without "If This Is It" for example), but his harp
playing on it's own is, in my opinion, worth considering on a harmonica
forum. I could gladly go through the rest of my life never hearing "Tuff
Enough" by The Fabulous Thunderbirds ever again but that doesn't mean Kim
Wilson sucks and is a nobody in the harp world. And isn't that a Charlie
Musselwhite riff on INX's "Suicide Blonde"? I don't put Huey Lewis in the
same drawer as Kim and Charlie....but give the guy a break.

He is a famous professional who has made a successful living from his music
and his harp playing (in the 80's no less). Like you, I don't put him in the
same drawer as the people you listed but calling him a nobody in the harp
world seems excessive. It would be hard to pull him out of any definition of
success. Heck, he's doin' better than I am. In any case other list
members consider him worth a discussion on the list.