Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar 9-hole draw dead?

In my experience a dead reed is usually a reedslot vs. reed clearance issue or the reedslot is looser than the reedslot neighbors. Have you taken a look at the reed yet?

Dave
  ____________________________
www.elkriverharmonicas.com

Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Aug 21, 2008, at 1:09 PM, Seth Williamson wrote:

> I just got a Lee Oskar C harp, diatonic. The draw reed on hole 9
> is almost voiceless.
>
> I can say for sure that I haven't overblown, or overdrawn, it.
> Have barely used it. My Marine Band C harp is fine on all holes.
>
> Of course, you can't return a used harp. Got this one via the web.
>
> Is it a "breaking-in" issue, or did I lose my money?

Key wording here: "I got it via the web". Was it used?
smo-joe