RE: [Harp-L] Runaway- Bonnie Raitt

> From: venkyr@xxxxxxx> There's a harp track on Bonnie Raitt's song called Runaway. I think the song is being played in the key of "C" so an "F harp" 2nd pos should do it. Anyone know more about what other positions on this harp or other compatible harps one could use.>

the heck with archives, here it is again:
2 bars of C -2nd pos on a high F harp
2 bars of Bb -2nd pos on a Eb harp
2 bars of Ab -2nd pos on a Db harp
2 bars of G7 -1st pos on a C harp
repeat for next 8 bars

The great Norton Buffalo did thid solo--last overdub session right b4 the album came out. The artwork had already gone to press so his name was originally absent form the credits. They didn't even know what instrument was going to solo until he laid that classic track, they had tried flute, slide guitar, glockenspiel, nose flute, etc...

He was also very ill when he played that session, amazing.
Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/harpsax