[Harp-L] SPAH "Golden Years"

Larry,

I am embarrassed for you. Your decade long rant against the "post Iceman"
era of SPAH is a very sad reflection of a bitter man with a major chip on
his shoulder. I wasn't around back in the "Golden Years" but I would have to
think that a statement like" I did everything else- arranging talent,
seminars, promo, press releases etc." might be taken as an insult by many
people who chipped in to help in some way. If in fact this is a true
statement then I venture to say that perhaps your "one man show" may have
been interpreted by some as a power trip by an egotistical self absorbed
man. Is the Larry Eisenberg brand of taste and ability a one size fits all
entity? If it was all so clean, efficient and worked as well as you profess
then I must say I am shocked that I have never heard one person take your
side on these repetitive rants that you spew out periodically. I would love
to meet this Bob Williams person and get his take on all of this. That half
of the dynamic duo must surely be missing working beside a great man such as
you. Then again maybe he has moved on with no regrets realizing that all
things in life are subject to change. Not always for the better but change
because that is the way of the universe. Nothing stays the same forever.

You finish this summer rerun with the statement: "SPAH could still get it
back on track if they wish". My guess is that "they" wish that you would
stop spreading your poisonous venom and possibly affecting newcomers that
might want to jump in and be a part of the "Diamond Era of SPAH"

Since I have become a member of SPAH and attending the annual conventions
there are many things that have come to my attention that I am not thrilled
about. My choices are: 1) quit 2) become a complainer and a whiner 3) keep
my mouth shut and endure, or 4) become an active participant and be a
positive member willing to make an effort to help make things better. I am a
proud minion willing to do my little bit for the greater cause by choosing
door # 4.

One more thing; I never met Douglas Tate but I have heard a lot more
positives about the man than negatives. After all he was just a man as you
and I. May he rest in peace. It is your continued putting down of the man
that embarrasses me the most for you. One day you too will meet your fate. I
can only hope that others will take the high road and just never talk about
you again. Rest assured while you are still with us many have strong
opinions about you and you are the subject of many private conversations.

Warren Bee