[Harp-L] FW: xb 40

From: Brent Lambert [mailto:brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 1:03 PM
To: 'harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: xb 40

I am an intermediate level player, 10 hole diatonic in  3 positions,  and
have some questions for those that have purchased an xb 40. Over the years I
have experimented different harps and found that the Lee Oskar gives me the
volume and control I need as I play acoustically. I can afford to try a new
kind of harp for $20-$30 and run the risk of not liking it, but
experimenting with a $100 harp is difficult.  Having said all this here are
my questions.
What are the pros and cons of the xb 40?
Do they hold up under hard use?
Are they serviceable?
Because of the number of reeds and their placement in these chambers how
difficult is tuning the reeds once they go flat or sharp?
Will this harp give someone with my level of playing more versatility or is
it for those that find bending and overblowing difficult?

Brent Lambert
Work 731-664-8443
Cell     731-616-2993
email brent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx