[Harp-L] Harp Gear Amps - HG50 Review

I just received my Harp Gear 50 (4x10) and thought I would report to everyone.  First, Brian Purdy is absolutely fantastic to deal with.  His customer service is top notch.  I also own a Harp Gear Double Trouble 2x8 (my small to mid sized room amp) and couldn't wait to get my hands on the HG50.  The amp came packed soundly.  The amp was double boxed with styrofoam peanuts separating the 2 boxes to protect the amp.  When I opened the box, the amp looked beautiful.  The craftmanship on this amp is outstanding - a true custom piece.  Then I plugged it in....Wow!  This amp sound fantastic.  It has huge bottom end, punchy mids, and it really sings - And it's loud too.  When I grabbed an A harp and pulled on the 2 draw, the bass response was incredible - it filled the room.  When I tongue slapped the 6 blow, the amp barked.  This amp can do it all.  I own a lot of amps, vintage and boutique, and my two Harp Gear amps are my favorite.  Normally I mic my other 4x10's for bigger shows, but
didn't need to this past Saturday.  The HG50 had plenty of volume to keep up with my full band.  I can't say enough good things about Brian and his amps.  If you haven't checked them out, do so at www.harpgear.com - you won't be dissappointed.

Bryan Lyburn
Frederick, MD
Founder
Harmonica Players Organization of Frederick