Re: [Harp-L] Old Radio to Harmonica Amp

Hi Joel,
I don't think that you need to do a lot of building. If you go to a
fleamarket or any second hand store and find a tube radio or a tape player.
Usually tube radios work so that that you plug your harp mike in to a record
player input and press the phono button down and off you go. In most of the
fifties or early sixties radios the phono button is the second from the left
- like in Philips and other brands sold all over Scandinavia.
Sometimes old radios can use pretty exotic tubes that may be hard to find.
If you have a chance, check out what the tubes are so that you can find
replacements.
A friend of mine has a sixties Tandberg tape recorder which he thinks is his
best harp amp although he doesn't use it with his band, but anything can be
miked.
Another friend of mine Jo' Buddy has been using early fifties radio for his
guitar for years and people like Junior Watson and Rick Holmstrom are crazy
about his sound.
Good luck with your project!
Regards Jukka Makinen
Tampere